How To Connect Subwoofer To TV
Have you recently bought a subwoofer and do not know how to connect it to a TV?
If you wonder how this device functions and how to hook up the subwoofer to TV, this article is your solution
A subwoofer is an excellent audio product that improves the sound quality and the experiences of your movies and music.
However, connecting subwoofer to TV is not as easy as it may seem. If you want to take full advantage of this audio setup system, you must learn how to connect subwoofer to TV.
Keep reading to find out where it is most beneficial to put your subwoofer device and how to connect subwoofer to a TV.
Before You Connect A Subwoofer To A TV
You have to consider a few things when connecting subwoofer to TV. The most important thing to do before you connect all the devices to enjoy your favorite movie is to ensure that you have correctly placed your powered subwoofer.
The audio quality depends on the positioning of your sound setup, the number of woofers, and the combination of woofers. It would be best to have an understanding before placing your subwoofer on an electric connection.
Why Should You Consider the Placement of a Subwoofer?
As established earlier, you have to consider the placement of your subwoofer when connecting subwoofer to TV. What you hear from the subwoofer is the effect of sound waves bouncing off the room's surfaces. The sound quality of the subwoofer will depend on the collision of the bass waves with one another.
Suppose you place your subwoofer in a room corner, besides two walls. When your subwoofer creates bass waves, these waves will then bounce. Bouncing of these waves will create standing waves(a combination of two waves that move in opposing directions, with the same frequency and amplitude) or bass nulls. Standing waves are like a flared bass sound, and bass nulls may sound like blind spots.
Where Is the Best Place to Put a Subwoofer?
Even though the corner of the room may seem the most convenient place to put your subwoofer, where there is a good wireless connection, it is usually not the ideal place for your subwoofer.
When you are deciding where to place your subwoofer, the general principle is to put it one-third from the room's wall or on the side of your television.
How Do You Connect a Subwoofer to a TV?
There are several ways to connect subwoofer to TV, but you should select the approach that suits your needs. Keep reading this article to find these methods and learn how to connect subwoofer to a TV.
Please note that you should always check the user manual guide your active subwoofer comes with before trying to connect subwoofer to TV. You can also check out online tutorials to be clear.
Using a Direct Connection
This method is the easiest method to connect subwoofer to a TV. A direct connection will not require additional wires or devices to connect subwoofer to TV.
Step 1: Locate the audio output panel on your TV. Mostly, you will find it on the right/left side of LCD televisions.
Step 2: Find the television's connection port and insert the HDMI cable. Then plug the other side of the cable into the audio input board of your subwoofer to make a direct connection.
Step 3: Voila! You are done. Enjoy your favorite show or movie.
Using a Converter
Another method to connect subwoofer to TV is via a converter. You should purchase a converter device if your subwoofer or television has a different port type than your sound system. A converter will transform the signal into a compatible signal that your TV and the subwoofer will be able to read.
- Step 1: Attach the digital coax output to the digital coax cable to the television directly.
- Step 2: Then, attach that coax cable to your converter's digital coax input cable.
- Step 3: Now, attach the HDMI cable to the HDMI input of the converter.
- Step 4: Connect the other side of the HDMI cable to the HDMI input of your subwoofer through the converter,
- Step 5: Ensure that the connections are in the correct ports and power up. Enjoy an elite audio experience.
Using an A/V Receiver
While connecting subwoofer to TV via an A/V (audio/video) receiver is the most complicated, you should consider using it. Using a receiver will give you a more substantial bass impact and a much bigger soundstage.
Follow the steps below to know how to hook up subwoofer to TV through an A/V receiver.
- Step 1: Create a direct connection between the A/V receiver's input port to your television's audio output.
- Step 2: If you have extra speakers, connect them to the audio cable A/V receiver.
- Step 3: Find the A/V receiver's USB port to connect your subwoofer.
- Step 4: Connect the subwoofer and the A/V receiver through any HDMI cable.
- Step 5: Double-check the connection and turn on the button on all your devices.
Passive Subwoofer Connection
A passive subwoofer connection is accurate to connect subwoofer to a TV. The subwoofer wires directly connect to the television. You will have to run a wired connection from your subwoofer to your amplifier or receiver and pass it via your television or attach it to your amplifier.
For connecting a passive subwoofer to your TV, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Attach the subwoofer wires to the TV's built-in speakers.
- Step 2: You should connect your subwoofer to play audio parallel with your front speakers. Therefore, this step will reposition the bass function to your subwoofer.
Without Receiver Connection
If you do not have an A/V receiver or an audio cable, do not worry because you can attach the sub-amplifier directly to your television through some wires like audio out port and audio input port.
To connect the subwoofer's amplifier to a receiver, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect the RCA output of the receiver to the RCA input of your sub-amplifier.
- Step 2: Get a cable with a white and red switch and a yellow switch on the other side.
- Step 3: Attach the black wire from your battery gathering to your subwoofer's amplifier's positive (+) terminal.
- Step 4: Now, attach the white wire from that battery batch to your sub amplifier's negative (-) terminal.
- Step 5: Lastly, join one of the television's RCA red connection jacks to the sub-amp's red RCA audio output jack.
How Do You Connect A Passive Subwoofer To A TV?
To do this, you will need to operate a wired connection from the subwoofer to the amplifier or receiver and pass it via your television. Moreover, you can connect it to an external amplifier as well.
Can I Use A Subwoofer Without A Soundbar?
With the proper connection, you may acquire the lower frequencies level of your wireless subwoofer without using a speaker design. Use a converter or speaker inputs with a charged subwoofer. Using a non-charged subwoofer, connect to the receiver with a low frequency.
How Do I Connect My Subwoofer To My Samsung Smart TV?
You will attach your digital coaxial connector to the converter panel and plug your HDMI wire into the HDMI port on the converter's other end. You will then be able to join the HDMI wire to the HDMI port on the subwoofer.
How Do You Connect A Subwoofer To A Speaker?
You may connect your subwoofer to external speakers with wires or speaker connectors. Study the specs of your subwoofer before connecting it to fully enjoy your home theater.
Learning how to connect subwoofer to TV is a convenient method requiring little technical understanding. There are many ways to connect subwoofer to TV, but, to discover which one is the most suitable for your movies and music needs, you will need to understand how they function and their features.